Thursday, 17th November, 2016 - 13:32
There are a lot of hidden features on iPhones that not many people know about and most you will be shocked you never found before. We take a look at some of the best ones.
- Can’t answer a call yet? There are three customisable, pre-set messages you can send instead of answering by either swiping up on the phone icon as they call or click on the message icon above the call button.
- You can also ask to be reminded of the call later.
Photo and Video tips
- Have you ever been recording something and thought it would make a nice photo? Well there is a second shutter icon on screen next to the main one that will take a still shot of the current image whilst filming.
- To reduce camera shake when taking a selfie try connecting some earphones and using the volume button to take the snap.
- Set a custom vibration pattern for each contact so that even when on silent you will always know who is calling you.
- At the end of a sentence just double tap the home button to place a full stop, set a space and be ready with a capital for the start of the next sentence.
- Hold the 123 button and slide over to the symbol you need and release, instead of wasting time switching between keyboards.
- For quick access to similar symbols, press and hold on a symbol.
Shake to undo
- Accidentally deleted something or need to delete what you’ve just typed? Just shake your phone to reverse what you just did.
- Enjoy DIY but can’t find your level? In the compass app swipe left to turn your phone into a spirit level.
- There is an option to set alphanumeric passcodes under the passcode options screen. Adding letters into the mix makes your password even more secure.
Help with your sums.
- Siri is a secret Mathematics genius. Just ask her and she will work it out for you!
- Swipe left or right over the black area at the top of the calculator to delete a single digit from the end with each swipe.
- Double tap the top of the screen to jump to the top of a page, and tap again to jump back to the place you got down to.
Low Power mode
- Is your battery low but you are still out? Turn on low power mode in the battery settings to switch off a lot of background apps to save energy.